mvnForum Homepage

Print at Oct 30, 2014 9:09:07 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by yev323 at Apr 15, 2011 3:54:58 PM
Russian Synodal Version Missing
I downloaded the new Eloquent software for my mac and I am missing the Russian Synodal Translation Bible in my Module Installer. Was it erased? If so, where can I obtain it?

Posted by yev323 at Apr 26, 2011 5:42:45 PM
Re: Russian Synodal Version Missing
I heard somewhere that this version of the Bible was removed due to problems with the copyright. Is this true? I also have this Bible module from another computer. How can I install it into Eloquent?

Posted by bakhmutsky at Jun 14, 2011 6:48:36 AM
Is there something new? I would love to use Russian Synodal Translation. Somebody heard anything new?

Posted by curiosus at Jul 15, 2011 4:44:24 AM
I heard somewhere that this version of the Bible was removed due to problems with the copyright. Is this true? I also have this Bible module from another computer. How can I install it into Eloquent?

It's not true. Russian Synodal Translation is in public domain for a long time. It's so strange that it was removed from the current version of Xiphos. And we have instead exotic and questionable translation of Pentateuch by Archimandrit Macarios. But RST should be added, because it is the most popular version. It is partly outdated, indeed, but it shouldn't be ignored.

Posted by Kalemas at Jul 15, 2011 11:15:38 AM
You would look at RusSynodal module in "avraw" repository (for more information see http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Modules_in_the_av11n_repository). RST module is not available for now.

Posted by curiosus at Jul 5, 2012 2:28:18 AM
I believe, you can add in your manager of modules additional source. Name: FTP CrossWire av11n, address: ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/avraw
RST is there.

Posted by curiosus at Jul 7, 2012 6:36:37 AM
There is a detailed video on this page with detailed howto.
http://www.macsword.com/tour/. I mean the link: "How to use module installer". I am on Linux, so the GUI of my program is a bit different, but after watching this video I could add a new source of modules to mac program. Press "Manage modules", press the green plus ("add sources" button) and print in the opened form data (name and address of FTP server) from my previous post. Press "Refresh" button.