mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 26, 2014 8:24:40 AM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by Traveler at Mar 23, 2011 12:05:20 AM
Eloquent install - Help
I have been using MacSword and I am trying to update to Eloquent 2.3. I am not a Mac techie--just use it for basic apps and surfing, et.c.

I decided to do a clean start with Eloquent by trashing all MacSword folders/files. Downloaded Eloquent from the Eloquent web site. Dragged to Applications folder, clicked zip file, and pop-up said it found older database which might crash Eloquent. Thought I had trashed all MacSword files/folders already and clicked answer = NO.

Now, every time I try to start Eloquent a pop-up says: "Eloquent quit unexpectedly" and I can not get it to run past pop-up with either "Ignore" or "Reopen" options. "Report" option does bring up a crash report.

I trashed all Eloquent folders/files, tried to install again, still same pop-up above appears.

I downloaded old 1.4.4 version and it works just fine.

Anyone have any idea how to help? I liked MacSword and would like to start using latest version,

Thanks for any help!

Traveler Man

Posted by mdbergmann at Mar 23, 2011 12:34:17 AM
Re: Eloquent install - Help
Hi.

When you say you deleted all files and folders. Did you delete the old module database as the requester sais as well? If not, you should do so. Click "Yes" at the requester and let Eloquent delete it because the old module database is the cause of the crash.

Manfred

Posted by Traveler at Mar 23, 2011 11:16:23 AM
Manfred,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I "thought" I had deleted the old database, however, I'm not sure. Where would I find it and what is its name?

When I click on the Eloquent icon I can only get the "Eloquent quit unexpectedly." pop-up box. The box also says: "Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple." Then there are the four buttons: "Ignore", "Report" and "Reopen".

I have not been successful in getting the requester to appear again.

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it.

Traveler Man

Posted by mdbergmann at Mar 23, 2011 11:50:22 AM
Ah, yeah. This requester appears only once. If answered with "No" it is assumed the user knows what he is doing and it won't popup again. :)

Anyhow. The module database is located under:
/Users/<yourlogin>/Library/Application Support/Sword

Delete this whole folder.

Manfred

Posted by Traveler at Mar 23, 2011 12:15:59 PM
Manfred -- Excellent!

That fix my problems.

Thank you so much. And thank you for the rapid response.

Traveler Man