mvnForum Homepage

Print at Sep 21, 2014 1:16:03 PM
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by treader at Apr 13, 2011 8:41:29 PM
Re: Thai Bible & Concordance available as .exe files - any way to use in Eloquent?
Thanks Philip!

Good 'ol songkran (Thai New Year) is here! Thai's laugh when I call it Songkram nahm (Water war). But that's pretty much what it has turned into. I just stay home - and dry - the whole time.

I have the info, and your generous offer to make it even easier for me. I'll have to see. After all your really hard work, I feel like a wimp in comparison, because, I don't know how much work vs. the benefit derived would be. As I said, my friends have moved away - for better business opportunities, and only 1 of them (a family now in India) is on a Mac. I am at least leaving my present location - Koh Samui - and going to explore in Malaysia, India and Indonesia for the possibly of relocation.

It basically boils down to whether I have to do it a chapter at a time, or not. As this thread has progressed, so has my understanding of the amount of time needed. Still, I haven't totally given up yet!

May God bless you too!

Jeffrey

Posted by jansenw at Apr 13, 2011 8:45:59 PM
Re: Thai Bible & Concordance available as .exe files - any way to use in Eloquent?
Hi All,

Running Eloquent on my iMac. I was able to purchase and use NASB bible for e-Sword Windows (Parallels running Windows 7 Pro on my iMac) by running the downloaded exe file. It created a .bblx file but it looks like Eloquent does not recognize these files (I think it uses .conf files).

Is there anything else I can do to get Eloquent to recognize the .bblx file?

- Jansen

Posted by mdbergmann at Apr 14, 2011 10:38:45 AM
Treader.

One of the SWORD module source formats is ThML which is relatively similar to HTML.
Have a look here:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/ThML_modules

Maybe this helps if you try to create a SWORD module.

Manfred

Posted by mdbergmann at Apr 14, 2011 10:40:55 AM
Hi All,

Running Eloquent on my iMac. I was able to purchase and use NASB bible for e-Sword Windows (Parallels running Windows 7 Pro on my iMac) by running the downloaded exe file. It created a .bblx file but it looks like Eloquent does not recognize these files (I think it uses .conf files).

Is there anything else I can do to get Eloquent to recognize the .bblx file?

Jansen,

please stay with the topic of this thread.
You can open a new thread if you wish so but we already have a couple of those regarding e-sword module and using them in SWORD applications.
If you search the forum for "bblx" you will find something.

Manfred