mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 28, 2014 9:43:04 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by JohanMarais at Jan 12, 2011 12:45:14 AM
Blank Install/Update Screen
When trying to Install/Update, I get a blank screen - what could be the problem please.

I have uninstalled Ziphos and also deleted all references to Xiphos in the Registery and re-installed version 3.1.4 (Windows XP on a new Levono laptop).

When exiting the Module manager, Ziphos is not responding and I have to wait amout 2 minutes for iphos to become available again.

I have even downloaded Xiphos twice to ensure that there are no problems with the download.

Johan

Posted by JohanMarais at Jan 27, 2011 6:38:24 AM
Re: Blank Install/Update Screen
Good afternoon,

How is it possible that nobody in the Crosswire community, especially the developers of Xiphos, is able to answer this question? I know of at least one other person experiencing the same problem.

I need your help please.

Johan

Posted by karl at Jan 28, 2011 4:43:34 AM
> How is it possible

It's possible because we're all volunteers, which means we work on these sorts of things when there is time, and for some of us our Real Jobs have had us in utter meltdown, time-wise, for months. It's possible also because these forums are not the most convenient part of our net.connected life and I for one do not see them more than once a week or so.

Considering that I lost my job yesterday, perhaps I'll find some new "free" time to spend on Xiphos.

First, easy, obvious suggestion: If Install/Update shows blank, it usually means you simply haven't refreshed the remote repository, in order that the mod.mgr have something to show you about that repo.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos

Posted by JohanMarais at Jan 28, 2011 7:55:33 AM
Sorry to hear that you lost your job, I pray you find another job very soon.

Please accept my apology if I came across as not being grateful for the work you do, I certainly appreciate it and try to advance the use of the Crosswire products.

I will try your suggestion.

In His Name.

Johan

Posted by JohanMarais at Jan 31, 2011 12:59:02 AM
I tried your suggestion and it works, that you.

Johan