mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 23, 2014 12:02:28 PM View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by JohanMarais at Jan 11, 2011 2:57:37 AM
Cross References
Hope someone can help me.

I am busy with the markup of The Scriptures for Crosswire and I am testing on Ziphos (Windows version 3.1.4) and iPhone (version 1.3.4).

I have marked Matt. 1:23 as follows:

See, an 'almah'<note type="explanation"> According to the Shem Tov Hebrew text and <reference osisRef="Isa.7.14">Isa. 7:14</reference> "virgin / young woman". See also Explanatory Note <reference osisRef="TS2009EN:Maiden">"Maiden".</reference></note> shall conceive, and she shall give birth to a Son, and they shall call His Name Immanu'ĕl,"<note type="crossReference" n="t" osisID="Mat1.23!
crossReference.t" osisRef="Mat1.23"><reference osisRef="Isa.7.14">Isa. 7:14</reference></note> which translated, means, "Ěl with us."

When tapping on the reference Isa. 7:14 on the iPhone (in the "explanation" part / footnote), the bottom portion of the screen shows spaces and then in italics 'is not installed'. It seems as if something does not display in front of the portion in italics.

Tapping on “Maiden” shows the portion in our ‘Explanatory Notes’, which is correct.

Clicking on the Scripture reference and on Maiden in Xiphos brings up the correct portions.

What am I doing wrong please?

Johan

Posted by niccarter at Jan 11, 2011 5:10:50 PM
Re: Cross References
Hi Johan,

It may, in fact, be a bug in PocketSword? Perhaps you could send me the module as it is and I can check it out for you? Unfortunately, PocketSword's support for all types of notes isn't as complete as Xiphos yet. I am adding more support as people point out flaws, rather than starting with a list and adding support for everything on that list.

Sorry about that! My email address is: niccarter {AT} mac {dot} com

Thanks!
Nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword

Posted by JohanMarais at Jan 12, 2011 4:57:30 AM
Re: Cross References
Thank you Nic, I sent the .txt and .conf files a few minutes ago.

Johan