mvnForum Homepage

Posted by ebgd7 at Jan 16, 2005 11:55:27 PM
smile   Re: Problems with references and notes in IMP/Osis file
First, note that you are not promised full OSIS support in Sword 1.5.6. OSIS support will improve in Sword 1.5.8, which were working on presently.
[...]
I'll try to remember to post a windows binary this week.

Sure noone promised the full OSIS support, but it was stated that it should be used instead of other tag systems. Once I've seen the current source code I've realised that the support is not complete - I'm not complaining - the product is already great - just stating the facts. It is really great news that new Windows version binaries will be available. I've tried to compile from source using BC6 without success...

Another thing that does not work are the osisRef's in <reference> tag.
Putting:
<reference osisRef="John.2.3">John 2</reference>

Results in the reference to John 2 and not John 2:3!!! So basicly osisRef's are ignored!.

That may be. I think we had some trouble with the RTF dealing with <href> tags and we might not be able to link to a different reference from what is written in English. (Can anyone else confirm that?) Our roadmap for fixing this bug is to change rendering engines, and there's no ETA on that. It should work fine in all other frontends.

So this still remains a problem - not very serius one as workaround is available.

Thank You for quick answer, and keep the good work - I'll also work hard on new modules.

Greetings,
Christopher