mvnForum Homepage

Posted by CIB at Jul 8, 2004 7:20:55 AM
Re: Don't know how to install Sword modules (Zip)with bibletime?????
Hello,

I had the same problem when I installed both Sword and Bibletime 2 days ago. I just could not install the modules. Then I saw this thread and the solution that Joachim suggested worked for me. Here is what I did in detail:
My home directory is /home/cristian. I put the module kjv.zip in /home/cristian/Modules. Then I tried to mkdir /home/cristian/.sword like Joachim said but it told me that directory already exists. Then I just changed to this directory cd /home/cristian/.sword. Then when I was in this directory I unzipped the module like Joachim said with unzip /home/cristian/Modules/kjv.zip. After this I used the Bible time install manager to install the module and I selected a local resource as /home/cristian (nothging more than that) and this time it actually found the module. I installed it and it gave me some kind of error but when I opened Bibletime it seems to work fine and I can use the kjv bible. I installed even more modules this way they seem to work fine. Previously I was trying to unzip the modules in /usr/share/sword and the install manager did not see them. Thanks Joachim.

Cristian