mvnForum Homepage

Posted by niccarter at Sep 22, 2011 3:46:46 AM
Re: New Name Voting
Taking on what Osk has said, and others about Biblica Phanera being too long, I suggest starting over and looking for names without the "My" or "i" prefix. As a Mac user for over 10 years now, I am at the point where if I see an app with the prefix "i" and it's not made by Apple, I don't even give it a go, assuming it's just trying to jump on the bandwagon and has had very little thought go into it. As we all know, MacSword/Eloquent has been around for yonks and has had a lot of time and thought go into it, so it doesn't fit into that type of app! So, I would suggest sticking away from using that suffix.

I would hold to apps having the "My" prefix as being in the same boat. That's just my thoughts, but I'm struggling to recall of any *quality* OS X apps out there that start with the "i" that aren't made by Apple. (actually, looking at all the user-installed apps I have on my Mac, 4 of the 120 of them start with "i" and I don't use any of them, having simply installed them for interest a long time ago.)

I hope that helps?
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword