mvnForum Homepage

Posted by Darius at Jul 3, 2004 6:47:40 AM
Bug with windows95 & other little things
"The Sword Project" is an excellent piece of software! It even impressed my pastor - a korean presbyterian missionaire here in Brazil -, and now he is distributing it among his missionaire friends...

But something weird happened: when using it with an old pentium166 with korean Win95 (that was gathering dust in my church), it does not display text from non-romanized modules (e.g., the korean bible doesn't display correctly in the korean win95! - only a bunch of ???'s appear). This problem doesn't occurs with korean winXP (haven't tested with other korean OS')

The other little things are: how do we submit a software translation correction? or how do we submit a new software translation?

Concerning the former, I've spotted some incorrections with the brazillian portuguese translation (which I've already corrected in my computer), and I'd like to report them... BTW, in the brazillian Win98, the chapter header - which stands for the translated word "cap´┐Żtulo" ["chapter", in portuguese] - is not displaying correctly, some issue with the graphic tone signal, I think.

Concerning the latter, a friend of mine is helping me finish a korean translation of the software (thanks to the .conf files!), and we would like to release it, too - but we doesn't have much spare time, so we are not willing to formally join Sword Project's voluntaries by now...

P.S.: And there goes a suggestion from my pastor: isn't it possible to get more biblical texts to show at the "Parallel" module? maybe a customizable tool, that would allow us to put as many Bibles dasplaying in parallel as we want...