mvnForum Homepage

Posted by treader at Apr 11, 2011 4:19:22 AM
Re: Thai Bible & Concordance available as .exe files - any way to use in Eloquent?
Hi,

Well I went to Philip Pope's homepage, <www.thaipope.org> and downloaded the .exe file - in this case for his Thai KJV Red Letter edition. If opened on a PC it will extract a .chm file. However the .exe file only opens in Text Edit on a Mac.

Searching Google for a .exe to .chm converter comes up with a lot of hits, but they are just software companies trying to get you to their page. Brothersoft and Lisisoft were two of the Google hits that I visited, but they failed to present me with an appropriate converter program. Searching for a Text Edit or TestEdit to .chm converter yielded no results. So, in the end, I can't find a way to convert a .exe file to a .chm file on Mac.

I did download the chm reader Manfred mentioned, but I have to get the file converted from .exe to .chm first. Then, of course, I don't know what to do to make that useable in Eloquent, but I haven't researched that yet.

As for my own history, I've tried to open .exe files on a Mac before, even going to the extent of downloading a trial version of the program, "Crossover", which was a real disappointment, and cost a lot. So, I am stopped on the conversion of .exe files, and have "been there done that" twice now, and really think that, in this case stopped means stopped.

However, if someone knows something I don't regarding a way for a Mac to open a .exe file, please let me know, because, other than that, I'm stuck.

Thanks.

Jeffrey