mvnForum Homepage

Posted by JonGl at Jan 24, 2011 12:27:07 AM
Re: MacSword rename
Just copy paste it over the current icon to try it out. I just mocked it up using Pixelmator, if you want anything more fancy I'll go use photoshop at work. Any changes? Colors/concepts? I'm not a real designer but I can do basic stuff like this.

I just had to try it! ;) It looks gorgeous, IMO, and I particularly love the sword. But it seems that you might want to change a couple. I'm looking at when the icon is fairly small (like in the Finder or on a crowded Dock). The contrast could maybe be a bit greater (so the "E" stands out a bit more), and the wonderful litle sword.... well, it's just that--little--maybe too little. At least I can't really see it on the Dock. In fact, right now, on my Dock, it looks like an accent "accute" (like in "fiancé").

Again, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining! If this icon were used as it is, I'd be happy, but if you are like me, you want to make things as perfect as you can, so I thought I'd share my thoughts. But honestly, as a user, I like this design. :)

-Jon