mvnForum Homepage

Posted by JohanMarais at Aug 16, 2010 11:43:52 PM
Re: OSIS Dictionary module
Good morning,

I can unfortunately not add a screen print of what it looks like in Xiphos, but some of the headings appear, but also some of the text as headings. When moving the curson up and down, it jumps around, there is no consistency.

My config looks as follows:

[ts2009en]
DataPath=./modules/lexdict/rawld/ts2009en/ts2009en
ModDrv=RawLD
SourceType=ThML
Encoding=UTF-8
History=None
Version=1.0
Description=Explanatory Notes to TS2009
About=Explanatory Notes to The Scriptures 2009(c)

The start of the source file looks like this, saved as UTF-8 in Notepad:

$$$
$$$The Scriptures 2009 - Explanatory Notes
Copyright by the Institute for Scripture Research 2009<br>The following notes are supplementary to what has been explained in the Preface, and in the footnotes at the bottom of the pages of the main text.
$$$Abomination that Lays Waste
We find this term in Dan 9:27, Dan 11:31 and Dan 12:11. Who is the "Abomination that lays waste"? In 1Ma 1:54-57 and 2Ma 6:2 (during the time of Antiochus Epiphanes) it is referred to Zeus, or Ba'al Shamen as the Syriac version of 2Ma 6:2 renders it – the great sky-deity or sundeity. Messiah, in Mat 24:15-16 says: "So when you see the 'abomination that lays waste,' spoken of by Dani'ĕl the prophet, set up in the set-apart place" – he who reads, let him understand – "then let those who are in Yehuḏah flee to the mountains."
$$$Afflict Your Beings
One way of afflicting your being is to fast. See Yesh 58:3 / Isa 58:3, Teh. 35:13 / Psa 35:13, Ezr 8:21, Dan 10:1-2, Dan 10:12, Act 27:9 (probably referring to Yom Kippur).
$$$Alleged Sabbath-breaking of Messiah
In <i>Dictionary of New Testament Theology</i> (Editor: Colin Brown), vol. 3, p. 410, after the author had critically examined all the alleged Sabbath-breaking texts, he says in conclusion, "We may conclude then, that though Jesus broke through rabbinic traditions about the sabbath, there was no annulling of the observance of the day." In the Mishnah, <i>Shabbath</i> 7, 2, we find a list of 39 additional laws on Sabbath-keeping which the Pharisees added, thereby making a burden of the Sabbath. In fact, the addition of these extra laws is against Scripture (Deḇ. 4:2 / Deu 4:2 etc.). יהושע was indeed opposing the Pharisees who had made the Word of Elohim of no effect with their burdensome oral tradition. They had sought to make the observance of the Sabbath much more rigorous than יהוה had ever commanded. <i>The New Bible Dictionary</i>, 1st Edition, p. 1111, explicitly refutes the allegation that the Messiah broke the Sabbath, and referring to what Messiah and His taught ones did, says as follows, "It was not wrong to eat on the sabbath, even if the food must be obtained by plucking corn from the ears. Nor was it wrong to do good on the sabbath day." Furthermore, if יהושע was guilty of sabbath-breaking, it would have been used against Him at His trial.
$$$Altar
Hebrew, etc.

Thank you,

Johan