mvnForum Homepage

Posted by niccarter at Jun 29, 2010 10:20:30 PM
Re: From Windows PC to iPhone
Hi there Johan,

sounds impressive. :) The issue with your module is that you have created it only with that one SWORD app in mind (the Windows one). It is the ONLY app that we have that uses those codes for markup. :( AFAIK, every other app uses HTML (or plain text) as opposed to RTF. Ideally, it would be great if you created an OSIS formatted module, but I can't help you with that. I would suggest you ask in the module creation forums on this site, and see if other people can help you. Alternatively, you could try replacing your markup codes with the equivalent HTML codes. I cannot guarantee that it would properly work in every case, but it would work at least most of the time. :)

FYI, I believe that development has stopped on The SWORD Project for Windows, and I would suggest you try using Xiphos instead and see how well your module works in that. Because Xiphos uses the same formatting as PocketSword and SwordReader, if the special formatting codes work in it, it should work in PocketSword too! :) But, as I said, directly inserting markup codes into a module like you have done is asking for trouble. :( But, at least, if your markup was in HTML, it would work a majority of the time. Doing your markup in RTF means it would only work in that one Windows app, whereas if you did your markup in HTML, it would work in all the apps except that specific Windows one! :( Hence, as you can probably see, it's best to create a module that doesn't try to do it's own markup, but instead used the proper GBF markup codes (or, alternatively, OSIS). :)

Actually, I see that you have asked in the correct forum and didn't get a response except to ask here! :( I hope some of what I have said has been useful? Let me know if you have more questions. You can also search in Google for questions about OSIS. Include "sword-devel" in your search and it should show answers that have been posted on the CrossWire developer mailing list.

I hope that helps? Thanks, ybic
nic... :)
----------------------------------------
PocketSword Developer
http://twitter.com/PocketSword