mvnForum Homepage

Posted by chasm at Feb 15, 2010 4:51:14 AM
Re: MacSword Bugs
More bugs:

* If the Preview panel is closed, it is apparently not set as "hidden". This means that the Preview panel will automatically be open on next launch unless I select the menu option to toggle show/hide.

* The bookmark system as of now is clunky, and can be confusing if not used precisely. That is, if I select a passage, the bookmark window opens and displays the reference to the entire chapter by default. I have to change it to match the passage I select. After this is done, the highlight for the bookmark does not appear unless I toggle displaying the highlight, or if I reload the module.

Request: Simplify the bookmark system. Instead of having to name the bookmark, define the passage, then define highlight, please change it so that I only have to select a passage, right-click and choose "Add Bookmark" (or click the button at the top), then have a small fold-away window that allows me to name the bookmark and choose from a small palette of pre-defined highlighter colors. (once this is implemented, it might be interesting to allow the user to define the palette, but just having what I initially suggest would immensely improve the bookmark system)

Okay... did I just put a feature request in my bugs topic? Heh...
----------------------------------------
<this signature intentionally left blank>