mvnForum Homepage

Posted by chasm at Feb 13, 2010 10:32:16 PM
Re: MacSword Bugs
In regards to 2.1.1-481:

* The fix on the sidebars is adequate, though maybe not optimal. The Core Graphics effect makes it clear that the sidebars still start at their previous defaults, then transition to user-set defaults. That is, when I launch MacSword, both sidebars start out wider and narrow to my chosen widths. A cool effect the first few times, but then it becomes annoying. I also notice that the scaling effect appears to have been removed, but I still see transitions from what would have been the "scaled" sizes, and what would be my user selected sizes.

I think it would be better if MacSword simply remembered my choice of sidebar widths, and always displayed them that way without any graphics effects.

Quick screencast: Click Here (Sorry, but the movie is at full resolution of my screen, but it is less than 3 MB in size. Viewing it fullscreen is almost like being at my computer.) :)

* The fix on the tabs is good, as it does address the issue I pointed out. However, I now notice that the title of the tab and the title bar of the app match exactly what is shown in the search field at the top. If you delete the text in the search bar, the reference disappears on the tab and title bar, and will not reappear unless the reference is selected in the sidebar, or if the reference is re-typed and I hit Enter. I don't understand why the tab and titlebar is tied to the search field. Shouldn't the tab and titlebar always display the passage I'm reading in Reference Lookup Mode, or the term I searched in Search Mode? Also (and quite strangely), if there is no text entered into the search field, then none of the module options work. I cannot change font size, toggle Strong's numbers, or anything. confused

Screens:

Also note in those screens, a mysterious left/right scroll bar appeared. It must have come when I resized the window to take a smaller screenshot, and it did not go away no matter how I resized the window afterwards. I had to open a new workspace window to make it go away. Odder still, if I slowly resize the window to any small size I wish (even unrealistically small), the horizontal scrollbar does not reappear. Only when I resize the window quickly.

Click here for Screencast (I apologize again for the high res. If I can get my convertor to resize them without fuzzing them up, I'll update the links. Otherwise, it works fine to zoom out in the browser or switch to fullscreen mode, and again the file sizes are very small even for the high resolution)

-----

* If I click in the sidebar to open a passage when there are no tabs open, a new tab does not open and the passage does not load, even though it displays my selection in the title bar and search field.

* I don't know what you meant here:
The one with switching between reference lookup and index search will is not yet included.

It seems to me that this bug has been fixed in this newest version already, and I'm pleased with the result. biggrin

Thanks again for making this, and for fixing the bugs! Soon, I hope to open a new Feature Request topic, complete with mockups of any interface improvements I suggest (I hope!).
----------------------------------------
<this signature intentionally left blank>