mvnForum Homepage

Posted by JonGl at Dec 25, 2009 5:45:06 AM
Re: Installing own modules
Ahh, do you mean they are in GenBook format? rawtext Bibles and Commentaries should work fine in PocketSword, but any GenBook modules won't work yet, as GenBook support hasn't been included yet.

Merry Christmas :)

And a very Merry Christmas to you!

No, these are Bible texts, and on the desktop, in the modules folder structure, they are in texts/rawtext/.

I must confess, I haven't been idle. This morning (yes, Christmas morning), while watching my family enjoy their presents, I decided to do some playing.

I must say up front that what I'm about to describe is not for the faint of heart, and if one messes up, one could end up bricking one's iPhone--so don't do it.

If the mods deem my post to be not proper, please feel free to delete it. ;-)

But I've jailbroken my phone (I got ripped off by an online seller who portrayed the iphone as factory unlocked, but it was jailbroken at 3.0.1, and unlocked from Swiss Orange[I believe]), so I was forced to upgrade and jailbreak it. Since it was jailbroken, I've installed Netatalk to browse my iPhone from my Mac. I found where PocketSword installs its modules:
/var/mobile/Applications/{abunchofmuck}/Library/Caches/

I dropped my Polish Bible conf files into mods.d, and into ./modules/texts, created a new folder, named "rawtext" and dropped my Polish modules into there. When I opened PocketSword, there they were! So I guess it is just your unzipping algorithm just doesn't understand what to do with the rawtext folders. (My rawtext folders have four files in them: ot, ot.vss, nt, nt.vss.

Well, in any case, I'm happy to have my modules working, and wish you the greatest success in your continuing work on PocketSword! I'm looking to see great progress on it, and am willing to help in any way my non-programmer abilities can be of assistance (beta testing, or if necessary, documentation, etc.) I'm a big fan of the Sword Project, and have it on all my computers, as my primary Bible soft. Thanks for your hard work and great effort in bringing it to the iPhone!

-Jon