mvnForum Homepage

Posted by CiaW at Sep 1, 2009 4:27:00 PM
Re: Errors using 'make' on Sword engine
I've been doing it in a terminal window; and I suspect that some of it won't be available to cut & paste and it'd be a long output, can I do something like 'make -v [verbose] >/home/CiaW/somefile' and attach it or email to you? Or I can just attach what comes out here.. let me know, it'll be a lot of stuff.

Editing: I just realized that doing it a 2nd time on the same folder probably won't be too much, as I recall it pretty quickly came back to the same errors the last time I tried that before I installed the newer gcc & gcc-c++ -- so do you just want the output from a 2nd run on the same files/ folder?

re-edit (I need my afternoon coffee!) -- here's the output of the 2nd run with 'make' on the folder:

[root@localhost sword-1.6.0]# make
Making all in lib
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/CiaW/sword-1.6.0/lib'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/CiaW/sword-1.6.0/lib'
Making all in .
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/CiaW/sword-1.6.0'
/bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CXX --mode=link g++ -g3 -O0 -Wall -Werror -ftemplate-depth-25 -o buildtest buildtest.o ./lib/libsword.la
libtool: link: g++ -g3 -O0 -Wall -Werror -ftemplate-depth-25 -o buildtest buildtest.o ./lib/.libs/libsword.a
./lib/.libs/libsword.a(zipcomprs.o): In function `sword::ZipCompress::Decode()':
/home/CiaW/sword-1.6.0/lib/../src/modules/common/zipcomprs.cpp:165: undefined reference to `uncompress'
./lib/.libs/libsword.a(zipcomprs.o): In function `sword::ZipCompress::Encode()':
/home/CiaW/sword-1.6.0/lib/../src/modules/common/zipcomprs.cpp:99: undefined reference to `compress'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [buildtest] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/CiaW/sword-1.6.0'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Thanks!