mvnForum Homepage

Posted by CiaW at Aug 28, 2009 9:37:13 AM
Re: Errors using 'make' on Sword engine
Hi Matthew,

While looking around the CentOS forums, and not wanting to break anything I decided to install Wine and eSword (which I can't run the newest version right now) and Theophilos3 which is working. They suggested that IF you're going to try to install something from source that you put it into the /usr/local directory. I decided to try that this morning (using Sword 1.5.11) which didn't work -- so I was logging on here to report I was giving up for now until I can get an rpm to install.

But, since you asked... I unpacked sword-1.6 into the /usr/local directory; ran .usrinst.sh and that went fine. Then when I ran 'make' here are the errors I'm getting:

gr.cpp -o swmgr.o
In file included from ../src/mgr/swmgr.cpp:95:
../include/utf8transliterator.h:39:28: error: unicode/unistr.h: No such file or directory
../include/utf8transliterator.h:41:30: error: unicode/translit.h: No such file or directory
../include/utf8transliterator.h:51: error: ‘UnicodeString’ does not name a type
../include/utf8transliterator.h:52: error: ‘UTransDirection’ does not name a type
../include/utf8transliterator.h:54: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘type name’ with no type
../include/utf8transliterator.h:54: error: wrong number of template arguments (1, should be 4)
/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/bits/stl_map.h:92: error: provided for ‘template<class _Key, class _Tp, class _Compare, class _Alloc> class std::map’
../include/utf8transliterator.h:54: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘;’ token
../include/utf8transliterator.h:55: error: ‘UnicodeString’ was not declared in this scope
../include/utf8transliterator.h:55: error: template argument 1 is invalid
../include/utf8transliterator.h:55: error: invalid type in declaration before ‘;’ token
../include/utf8transliterator.h:77: error: ‘UErrorCode’ does not name a type
../include/utf8transliterator.h:79: error: ‘UErrorCode’ has not been declared
../include/utf8transliterator.h:80: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘&’ token
../include/utf8transliterator.h:80: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘UnicodeString’ with no type
../include/utf8transliterator.h:82: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘&’ token
../include/utf8transliterator.h:82: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘UnicodeString’ with no type
../include/utf8transliterator.h:83: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘Transliterator’ with no type
../include/utf8transliterator.h:83: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
make[1]: *** [swmgr.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/sword-1.6.0/lib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

That's different than the previous errors I got; but errors nonetheless.

Let me know if there's something simple I can do, or if there are more details you need. (if you need versions or whatever, please give me the verbiage or command to run in a terminal window..) Thanks!

Cia W