mvnForum Homepage

Posted by fredex at Sep 18, 2008 5:25:15 PM
Re: moving modules from linux (gnomesword/bibletime) to jsword
DM:

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about being late to respond, I don't check in here very often, as you can see.

i've just followed your instructions. unfortunately it didn't make the two modules in question work any better. crying

When I attempt to open one of these two misbehaving modules, I get (as I said before) a long string of java errors (but only when I actually try to open the module). I've captured them all in a file that I'll paste it in at the end.

For both of those modules, I get an error like this:

WARNING: Could not open OT
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/user/.sword/modules/texts/rawtext/new-living/ot.vss (Permission denied)

and the same error for nt.vss, both errors for each module. There's also a whole bunch of other messages following each one of these.

but the file exists:

/home/user> ls -l /home/user/.sword/modules/texts/rawtext/new-living/ot.vss
-r--r--r-- 1 user user 144690 2007-10-17 18:55 /home/user/.sword/modules/texts/rawtext/new-living/ot.vss
/home/user> ls -l /home/user/.sword/modules/texts/rawtext/new-living/nt.vss
-r--r--r-- 1 user user 49476 2007-10-17 18:55 /home/user/.sword/modules/texts/rawtext/new-living/nt.vss
/home/user> ls -l /home/user/.sword/modules/texts/rawtext/nasb/ot.vss
-r--r--r-- 1 user user 144690 2007-10-17 18:55 /home/user/.sword/modules/texts/rawtext/nasb/ot.vss
/home/user> ls -l /home/user/.sword/modules/texts/rawtext/nasb/nt.vss
-r--r--r-- 1 user user 49476 2007-10-17 18:55 /home/user/.sword/modules/texts/rawtext/nasb/nt.vss

And all the files and subdirs below these have the desired permissons and as far as I can see they're all there.

In case it's of any help, here's the whole log from start of run to end:

oops, when I paste it all in here I get SQL errors when trying to post the message. is there somewhere else I can post it for you to see? Perhaps the sword dev mailing list (to which I subscribe)??